Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Bresser 90mm f/13.3 - Unboxing and initial thoughts

17 minutes ago, Chris Lock said:

Hi Shane, I've just sold an ED100 due to recent car expenses, the Bresser 90/1200 I reviewed hear was basically it's budget replacement...I bit too budget unfortunately as it turns out. However, I am curious about this new line by Bresser, I just think I picked the wrong one to try by the looks of it :( 

I've had a few ED's -  ED80's, ED100's and once when I was really flush I had the Equinox 120. I totally agree these Synta ED's are basically spectacular for the money, but I also really rate the long focus crown and flint achromats which I've also had a few of over the years.

Lets just say I'm in budget mode at the moment, well apart from the naughty 6mm Vixen SLV, and the Dual axis drives for my EQ3 that are on their way to me, I'm a bad man, I've not told SWMBO yet :hiding:    

its easier to get forgiveness than getting permission. :-)

Quite fancied a Vixen 80mf myself. Sounds like you got a real bargain. 

Clear skies. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bobby1970 said:

its easier to get forgiveness than getting permission. :-)

Quite fancied a Vixen 80mf myself. Sounds like you got a real bargain. 

Clear skies. 

Search for Vixen telescopes on Ebay, Opticron are clearing some ex-display stock, there are a couple of other fracs there :)

I might be ok with SWMBO, I've just spotted some new red shoes that weren't there before, I have a bit of leverage! If anyone asks the Dual axis drives were 40 quid ;) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

Good luck with the Vixen, i had the 80m custom on the Alt Az mount and it was a pretty good scope, but i did find it lacked a bit of aperture

Thanks Jules, I must admit it's a touch shy on the aperture I would have wanted, 90-100mm would have been better. Despite this, I did take a shine to it so thought it worth putting in a low offer. My EQ3 is getting a bit lonely. I didn't expect Opticron to take £135 shipped when the buy it now was £199, so I was genuinely surprised.

I guess I do have the 6" Dob for more aperture (Dob Mob don't laugh ;) )

• Like 2

On 26/04/2017 at 23:27, Chris Lock said:

I still want the 102/1350 monster Bresser at some point, but it can wait for now. Someone else can review it in the meantime.

Step away from the "Buy" button, DRT, step away...

:rolleyes2:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DRT said:

Step away from the "Buy" button, DRT, step away...

:rolleyes2:

Not again!

What do you need a really long 100mm scope for? Sorry. Stupid question. Buy away.

I've got the medium length version landing later this week. ??

It will also temporarily quieten the little voice inside that is going "Tak Tak Buy Buy Tak Tak....."

Paul

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paul73 said:

Not again!

What do you need a really long 100mm scope for? Sorry. Stupid question. Buy away.

I've got the medium length version landing later this week. ??

It will also temporarily quieten the little voice inside that is going "Tak Tak Buy Buy Tak Tak....."

Paul

Is that the f/10? if so I considered that one too, it should be nice. You'll have to let us know how you find it

• 2 years later...