ISS Luna transit 2-4-2017

Ibbo!

The standard of imaging on this forum is staggering! How did you even know this was going to happen?? You can make out a lot of detail too, I was expecting just a dot. 

Surely a contender for satellite imaging challenge #1?

18 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

The standard of imaging on this forum is staggering! How did you even know this was going to happen?? You can make out a lot of detail too, I was expecting just a dot. 

Sign up to www.calsky.com and you can get transit info and loads of other great info sent to your phone etc. ?

18 minutes ago, Owmuchonomy said:

Sign up to www.calsky.com and you can get transit info and loads of other great info sent to your phone etc. ?

Thanks! I've learnt more in the past two weeks on here than I have in a long time. 

52 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

there is this one as well

http://transit-finder.com/

I was painting inside my observatory this evening. I had the roof opened up although it was quite dark at this stage, but it was lighter at 8pm when I started. It had been cloudy all day so I was minding my own business listening to Apple Music, not concerned with much else above me. I had some random music mix on, and Coldplay Yellow came on. The lyrics said 'look at the stars' so I immediately did just that and didn't I see ISS overhead and then just skim the very bottom of the Moon! It made my evening and I thought of this video by Steve. 

Archived