SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

B33 in the zone!

Cjg

What an epic sight the Horsehead Nebula is, I cannot tell you how stoked I am to have finally seen this.

was in Andrew's C11 with a focal reducer and a 25mm plossl. Seen easily, not photographic, but so much more than a notch. Skies are so much better here at the Astrofarm in Confolens than they have been in Norfolk.

Until now, I doubted that I'd ever see it having struggled in Norfolk for months. 

Seen by 3 other Messier Marathon participants too. 

Full report to follow, but just starting on the galaxies in Leo now.

Chris

41 minutes ago, Helix said:

Well done, Chris.:hello2:

Waiting for full report now. I heard also you managed to observe more than 100 Messier objects!

I am moving to France. Fed up with English weather.  :clouds2:

You heard right? 103/ 104 I just have to check my notes! Sadly no chance with M72,M73 or M30. There were one or two in Sagittarius that were still too low and in the trees. But I punched the air and "happy danced" to see M74 as Mercury was setting at the start! M77 easy too, struggled in Virgo as there were do many to see. 

Did I mention that it's glorious with blue skies and sunshine today and clear skies tonight too!

Chris

24 minutes ago, Cjg said:

You heard right? 103/ 104 I just have to check my notes! Sadly no chance with M72,M73 or M30. There were one or two in Sagittarius that were still too low and in the trees. But I punched the air and "happy danced" to see M74 as Mercury was setting at the start! M77 easy too, struggled in Virgo as there were do many to see. 

Did I mention that it's glorious with blue skies and sunshine today and clear skies tonight too!

Chris

Well, while you were bragging all night about your observing and making me jealous ???? I was observing double stars with my limited aperture russian Mak-Cass 95 mm through the hazy skies. And now we have clouds! ?

Well! I wish you all the best there, Chris. I hope you can top up your list. I can't wait for more reports ?

See you at Seething.

Archived