Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
PembrokeSteve

IC434 with my Vixen VC200L

Hi, 
During the 3 clear nights in a row, I had last week, I could not resist giving the Horsehead Nebula a go, using my Vixen VC200L.
Whilst imaging with my Canon 450D via APT, I could not make out the Horse's head whatsoever on my laptop screen, but I knew I was on target, because I could see NGC2023, at the bottom of my screen.
Anyway I was pleasantly suprised with this result after processing through APP and tweaking in GIMP.
Not the total failure I was expecting.

Image Info:-
Vixen VC200L Telescope
Canon 450D camera unmodified
ISO 1600
All I could do before fog ended the night:-
x20 120 sec Lights, x20 100 sec Lights, x10 80 sec Lights, x10 40 sec Lights
x21 Darks, x40 Bias and x40 Flats

Processed in APP 

Regards,
Steve

02-27-2019_19.46UT_IC434_VC200L_Canon450D_JPEG_1.jpg

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By alexbb
      I've been processing this image for quite a long now.
      I started acquiring data the last season when I only managed to shoot 3 panels with the Canon 6D through the Esprit 80 for a total of ~7h.
      This season I restarted and I added more data and covered a wider area. So a mix of portrait and landscape panels were planned and shot with the same scope and camera. Now every pixel represents at least 3-4h of integration, some have more.
      All the above were shot from Bortle 2-3 sites where I traveled sometimes even for an hour of exposure.
      To the RGB data I added 17.5h of Ha, same story with the panels. Some were oriented N-S, others E-W. These were shot with the SW 72ED and the ASI1600 from home and Bortle ~7.
      Then I figured out I still had time and I planned and shot 9 more panels of luminance with the 72ED and ASI1600, each consisting of 1h of exposure.
      I combined all of these into an image, processed it and for the Orion nebula and Running Man nebula I also blended some data I shot last season with the 130PDS and ASI1600 from home.
      Below it's my first final version of all data combined. You can watch it in full resolution on astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/full/jni0w8/ or Flickr: https://flic.kr/p/2iBGUXq

• By knobby
      Hi all, my second attempt at imaging over multiple nights, captured 60 mins Ha and a couple of 5 mins on Oiii and Sii on Christmas evening, then added more Oii and Sii on the 30th
      Total of 60 mins Ha 25 mins Sii and 30 mins Oiii
      Hubble mapped - SII,Ha,OIII = R,G,B. The Oiii data was very noisy but I'm fairly happy overall, also the ZWO Oiii filter caused a massive ring around Alnitak when stretched !

Comments welcome, I know it needs more data and I will need to learn to be more patient but the year is running out  🙂

Thanks for looking and have a good 2020.

• By PembrokeSteve
      Hi,

First time I have used my ZWO ASI 178MC camera on Jupiter. If only it was higher up in the sky!

Imaged from Pembroke Dock, Wales, UK, on 21/06/19 at 22:51 Hrs

Equipment: Vixen VC200L VISAC Telescope, on NEQ6 mount. Imaged through ZWO ASI 178MC camera.
      Camera resolution set at : 1920x1200. 20% of 1408 frames processed through Autostakkert, Registax and GIMP.

• By rotatux
      My first relative success at this target.
      Some dust mites show because the mount had good tracking and I used no darks nor flats. With my camera the cure should be quite simply to power cycle off/on so that auto-cleaning moves the dust elsewhere.
      Capture: Olympus E-PL6 on Skywatcher 130PDS at 565mm/4.35 with SWCC and didymium filter on Omegon EQ-300 tracking RA
      Exposure: 12 × 60s × 2500iso
      Site: 50km from Paris (France), sky Bortle ~ 4
      Processing: Regim 3.4, Fotoxx 12.01+

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.