Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A few craters along the terminator from Tuesday 14th

Pete Presland

Due to the dismal seeing conditions, I left Jupiter and grabbed a few frames of the moon before going to work.

A 2 pane mosaic of Hercules + G & E and Atlas.

2017.02.14 Hercules + G & E, Atlas.png

Gutenberg                                                                                                                                Messier & Messier A, love the rays streaking across the surface

2017.02.14 Gutenberg.png2017.02.14 Messier + A.png

Probably my favourite Gaudibert, Gaudibert A, & Pyroclastic B, really stood out as an interesting feature that morning.

2017.02.14 Gaudibert, Gaudibert A, & Pyroclastic B.png

16 hours ago, mikey2000 said:

Fascinating closeups..  Would you mind sharing how you took these?  (there is a lot of gear in your signature...)

They were videos taken with the Celestron C9.25, ASI120mm camera with an I/R cut filter.

The video (SER file) was stacked using Autostakkert2. 

A lovely collection images Pete. Interesting that you say the Gutenberg/Pyroclastic complex stood out well that morning - that is the great attraction of the moon - an ever changing landscape with highlights varying depending on the illumination. Excellent.

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived