Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Button pressed... Esprit 100ED inbound!

So, you can blame me for any poor weather in Beds/Herts/Bucks area!!!

Just ordered an Esprit 100ED to live in the observatory! Spent hours researching, checking FoV, CCD suitability and bombarding people with questions (Thanks FLO, Steve!)

Dead excited now!!! COME ON SKYWATCHER - IS IT HERE YET???!

:D

Very nice Daz, bet you are looking forward to imaging with it. Will you also be tempted to buy the dedicated field flattener in time to come ?. This is my first post after being absent for some time with the worst chest infection I have ever had, I am afraid it will put and end to cold Winter nights for me, observing will be kept to Autumn and early Spring in future. Enjoy your new addition :) 

1 hour ago, glowjet said:

Very nice Daz, bet you are looking forward to imaging with it. Will you also be tempted to buy the dedicated field flattener in time to come ?. This is my first post after being absent for some time with the worst chest infection I have ever had, I am afraid it will put and end to cold Winter nights for me, observing will be kept to Autumn and early Spring in future. Enjoy your new addition :) 

I have similar health considerations which have introduced me to solar observation, maybe the time for you to give this a try? Good luck!  :icon_biggrin:

Nice one Daz, so your to blame for weather down bedford way, and i am to blame for this never ending gloom and rain and fog in west yorkshire, with my 120ED that came from down your way :grin: i had a shock to see perfect clear skies heading to work this morning proof it can clear :smiley:

Did you pay extra for the Es Reid checks?  I'm very glad I did as my one failed on mechanical grounds (problem with focuser alignment I believe Steve said it was).  Obviously I've had to wait until now, but my new one is with Es today so I'm hoping all is OK with this one, but for £75 I would highly recommend the checks as my failed one shows they are not necessarily all perfect out of the factory.

Good choice though :thumbright:

1 hour ago, mikeDnight said:

I wouldnt pay anyone to check a brand new scope. It should be optically and mechanically perfect straight out of the box at that price. If it isn't then throw it back at them! 

Mike

Well let's hope this one is as perfect as it should be, because mine wasn't.

Archived