Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Horsin' around with the QHY163M

Luis Campos

Ok, now we´re talking :)

Another batch of 36x300 secs frames out of the oven, this was captured in two consecutive nights with little moon impact so better contrast then my previous M42 image, also the callibration seem to be spot on as I can't detect any gradients or poorly calibrated residual glows, happy happy :)

Good to know there's still ample room for improvement as this is just over 3 hours so will add at least the double integration time, let's see what it brings.

Setup is the same:

-SW ED80 with Altair Astro 0.8X reducer (f/6)

-QHY163M

-Baader 7 nm filter

-EQ6 mount

-ASI 120MM with 50mm finger for guiding

Stack of 36x300 sec. at Gain20 Ofrfset100 USB traffic set to 5 (will lower to 1 on future captures to see if the amp glow is further reduced)

Here on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

Hope you guys enjoy,

Luís

3 hours ago, wimvb said:

Great image, with lovely detail. What is causing the strange pattern around the bright stars? Is it some kind of diffraction or reflections?

Thanks!

The microlenses refrlections are a real pain unfortunatelly, this is caused by the sensor's coverglass as it has no a.r. coatings...I guess I could use some masks and try to minimize this issue a fair bit but it´s a lot of work, I wish that in a near future there will be some PS plug in to address this...just say´n... :)

Cheers,

Archived