Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Attach dslr to telescope

This is a quote from someone with the same issue " I received a Barlow X2 adapter today and plugged my camera into it - and Gah .... did not focus. I removed the lense from the front of the Barlow and placed it on the T-Adapter and I can now focus  "  try that . HTH 

Hi..thanks for replies...sterday i took picture of orion nebula with my nikon d3200 attached to my celestron astromaster130eq with 2xbarlow lens..but i could see only a tiny dot in the liveview of camera and somehow i took picture but it was not very clear and not good...same for others also..so is this camera problem or it will come like that only ? for this camera?

And also when attached camera it only focus and take pictures of only a single object..it doesnot take other things nearby...

i focussed correctly with eyepiece,but when i attach my camera to take picture in the live view it is seen like a tiny dot..but i focussed...when i see normally with telescope also it is small n size....when seeing in 2x barlow and 10mm eyepiece...

So forget what you see with eyepiece.

I do think you need to practice trying to get focus but use the Moon it is bigger so hopefully easier. Once you know you can get your telescope to focus with a camera you will have something to work from. Make a mental note where the focuser position was when you get focus to help you next time you try.

Only really bright stars will show in live view and if you are no where near focus you may see nothing.

Archived