Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telescope

So, First i need a telescope. I looked for ohne in Amazon.de. but i am not sure which one is the right for me as a beginner. I also can Not buy an expensive one. I can spend  About 250 Dollars.  I looked forward to hearing from you. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one of those, perfect for my requirements,  very simple to setup, simple to use and simple to stow away, until the next time its needed.

They come in 6" and 8" and 10", sadly the 12" is no longer produced in this style, which could have been my next purchase, bigger is better, Right!

If you just want to visually look at the night sky, with no setup worries, and don't wish to photograph anything professionally (snaps of the Moon will work )  you should consider its merits.

+1 for the Dob. It's widely accepted that they provide the best value for money; they are easy to set up, and easy to use. 

Collimation just means turning a few knobs or screws to get things aligned. You are unlikely to have to do anything with a new telescope except take it out of the box(es), put it together, insert an eyepiece and start observing. Collimation, if necessary, can come later and you shouldn't worry about it.

Don't buy from Amazon unless you know exactly what you want and why you want it. Far better to buy from a reputable company and if you can't visit a shop (which is not easy for me to do) at least try to talk to someone from a company you can trust. Best of all is to visit a club and seek advice,  possibly see some scopes.

Try to manage your initial budget so that you can buy the largest aperture telescope you can afford. Then enjoy using it and learning what yo can do with it.

There are many sources online for research and many people here willing to help if you have any questions.

Have fun.

EDIT

Wow, how late am I ... ?

A Newtonian reflector telescope on a dobsonian (dob) base is a great start and will give you the most aperture for your money and for your budget it will likely give you years of happy observing.

As mentioned, try and buy from a reputable shop or even better, second hand/used as you can probably get a bigger and better scope for your money.

Happy hunting.

11 hours ago, Sohn said:

So, First i need a telescope. I looked for ohne in Amazon.de. but i am not sure which one is the right for me as a beginner. I also can Not buy an expensive one. I can spend  About 250 Dollars.  I looked forward to hearing from you. 

Price alone does not narrow down the choice enough, but the dob advice is generally good. To see other possibilities, there is another type of simple and rewarding telescope: the large, short refractor on a basic up/down, left/right swivel mount (it's called and alt-az mount). A 120mm diameter refractor with a 600mm focal length is twice as short as 200mm dob with a 1,200mm focal length.

Which means it shows a portion of sky twice as large as the dob, great for viewing starfields. This one is above the price you mentioned but it's only an example:

http://www.teleskop-spezialisten.de/shop/Refraktor/120-130mm/Skywatcher-Startravel-120-auf-AZ-3-Montierung-Grossfeldrefraktor-Teleskop-120mm-600mm-f-5::227.html

21 hours ago, Charic said:

I have one of those, perfect for my requirements,  very simple to setup, simple to use and simple to stow away, until the next time its needed.

They come in 6" and 8" and 10", sadly the 12" is no longer produced in this style, which could have been my next purchase, bigger is better, Right!

If you just want to visually look at the night sky, with no setup worries, and don't wish to photograph anything professionally (snaps of the Moon will work )  you should consider its merits.

Archived