Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pelican in Ha

andyo

After a few problems with star trailing redone my polar alignment checked balance and fastenings. Managed to get 10 subs x 600secs of Ha data (last week) before the clouds rolled in. Guiding appeared good

and star shapes where much improved. I don't like rotating the camera but would it be worth it to get a better framing for this. All comments welcome thanks for looking.

pelican nebula in Ha Sept2016.jpg

2 hours ago, Rodd said:

I like the perspective--and the texture of the Ha clouds.  Very nice.

1 hour ago, steppenwolf said:

I like it - good star shapes (bar the halo but that's not your fault!), plenty of nice detail without looking over-processed. What's not to like?

1 hour ago, swag72 said:

Yep - Great detail and a most convincing process, to the extent that it doesn't look processed :) Just right in my book 

Thank you very much for the feedback Rodd, Steve and Sara 

I think its great!

I just did the pelican a while ago, with the exact same framing. When you add color (or if you do) it looks like kind of underwater reef to the bottom of the ocean and very appealing in my opinion as there is lots of OIII in the middle area.

Kind regards, Graem

P.s. a tip to save time: In this target the allover LUM is pretty much the same as the HA channel, so i you would like to save time, without loosing any luminance resolution, you can bin the SII & OIII-Data and use the Tonemapping approach to get pretty much the same as if you would have gone 1x1 (assuming you will not wanting to keep the narrowband star colour.)

You can check out how it looks like in my signature.

Kind regards, Graem

14 hours ago, graemlourens said:

P.s. a tip to save time: In this target the allover LUM is pretty much the same as the HA channel, so i you would like to save time, without loosing any luminance resolution, you can bin the SII & OIII-Data and use the Tonemapping approach to get pretty much the same as if you would have gone 1x1 (assuming you will not wanting to keep the narrowband star colour.)

You can check out how it looks like in my signature.

Kind regards, Graem

Thanks for the tip Graem I may well  give that a go anything that saves time under the uk skies has got to be worth trying 

Very nice. As for the framing, this works perfectly well - why change?! What's more, like this it shows off my favourite interpretation of The Pelican Nebula... Forget Pelicans, this is The Smiling Hare Nebula - big black eye, long ears, twitchy nose and a definite grin on his face!

On 22/09/2016 at 22:25, PhotoGav said:

Very nice. As for the framing, this works perfectly well - why change?! What's more, like this it shows off my favourite interpretation of The Pelican Nebula... Forget Pelicans, this is The Smiling Hare Nebula - big black eye, long ears, twitchy nose and a definite grin on his face!

Thanks Gav. I see the smiling Hare and like it good one

17 hours ago, Maximidius said:

Echoing the others in that it has a lovely natural feel and is very well processed. Can't add much to what's already been said, other than I love the orientation and FOV...Super job.

Thanks Maximidius

Archived