NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

September 15th - H Alpha Disk

paulastro

Rather a hazy sun here this morning.  I had a session from about 10.30 to 10.45 but only took a few frames as the conditions were rather poor.  A very quiet disk today again, though there is a small active area just inside the E limb which seems to correspond with charl's new pores which he posted earlier.  Four reasonable prominences fairly close together in the W and a couple on the NE limb.  Single frame with Lunt 60 DS and Olympus E-M10 taken at 10.34 am, 500 asa and 1/60 sec.

P9150142a.jpg

Many thanks for your kind words everyone.  I'll be absent from the scene for much of the time from now until the end of October.  This is due to minding my friends camera shop while he's on holiday, then going  to Kelling from Sept 29th to October 3rd (where I won't have internet access, but will have my Lunt 60 DS :smile:, plot T138 if you want to pop along and say hello) and then photographing the wild deer rut in various locations until the end of October.  I'll look forward to looking at all your images during this period whenever I have a chance or in the periods when I may be at home.

Archived