Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

September 10th - H Alpha - AR2585 - Fine Filaprom

paulastro

Out from 10.25 to 12.18 pm this morning.  Bits of blue, but never had the sun free of cloud.  It was nice to see the large filament develop into a very nice filaprom.  Single frame taken at 12.16 pm, Lunt 60 DS, Olympus E-M10, 1/20 at 500 asa.

P9100430b.jpg

P9100430g.jpg

4 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

Great single frame Paul, having just experienced awful conditions this afternoon I'm starting to see the appeal of doing single frames. :)

Many thanks John.  It's not easy to just use a single frame though.  When the seeing is not good (more often than not) I have to take a couple of hundred frames plus to get a few that are acceptable.  White light seems to be worse and I have taken up to 475 frames.  It can take some time to sift through the frames to find the best ones for processing.

2 hours ago, bunnygod1 said:

Lovely filaprom! Hope it survives the night, total wash out down here.

Many thanks Peter.  I would think the filaprom is almost certain to still be there tomorrow morning.  With the angle the filament is approaching the limb it may even survive another day or possibly two after that.  Though of course we will need good weather to see it!  :smile:

3 minutes ago, paulastro said:

Many thanks Peter.  I would think the filaprom is almost certain to still be there tomorrow morning.  With the angle the filament is approaching the limb it may even survive another day or possibly two after that.  Though of course we will need good weather to see it!  :smile:

The forecast is much better for tomorrow and the next couple of days after that.

On 10 September 2016 at 20:11, paulastro said:

Many thanks John.  It's not easy to just use a single frame though.  When the seeing is not good (more often than not) I have to take a couple of hundred frames plus to get a few that are acceptable.  White light seems to be worse and I have taken up to 475 frames.  It can take some time to sift through the frames to find the best ones for processing.

I beat that ? I had cloud here this morning, then commitments this afternoon, and by this evening the seeing was awful. 500 frames and not one worth processing and 600 for 1 yesterday. 

40 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

I beat that ? I had cloud here this morning, then commitments this afternoon, and by this evening the seeing was awful. 500 frames and not one worth processing and 600 for 1 yesterday. 

I'm waving a white flag here John, I don't think I've ever taken 500 in one session, though I have taken more in a day.  I've just checked what I did today, and it total ( four sessions) I took 683!!  Blimey!!  That's not a very high success rate is it!!!  :grin:

Archived