Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AR 2580 and 2581 in H-Alpha grab today, 28th August

Iainp

After grabbing the record shot of 2581 this morning, I was all set to pack up to go out, but left the scope up for another half hour despite wall-to-wall  thick cloud. Amazingly, it did clear again, or rather the low cloud cleared to reveal thin high cloud. It lasted 3 minutes, which was just long enough to grab 2 improved 2581s and a half decent 2580. The region around 2580 looks really active in H-Alpha. Here's hoping for the clear weather promised tomorrow for some animations. Night all!

Iain 

today gif.gif

today6.jpg

10 hours ago, Davey-T said:

those proms coming around the east limb look designed for a timelapse

Thanks guys. Dave, I just read the comments. You predicted the future! :cool2: The prom is fantastic now. Unfortunately the weather forecasters (who are presumably paid a lot more than you :happy11:) are not able to predict the future even 12 hours in advance. After a brief window, we're back to black wall-to-wall cloud, despite promise of a cloud free day :clouds1:

52 minutes ago, Iainp said:

Thanks guys. Dave, I just read the comments. You predicted the future! :cool2: The prom is fantastic now. Unfortunately the weather forecasters (who are presumably paid a lot more than you :happy11:) are not able to predict the future even 12 hours in advance. After a brief window, we're back to black wall-to-wall cloud, despite promise of a cloud free day :clouds1:

Same here, forecast yesterday said clear all day today but clouds ATM, looking on Sat24 there is some clearer sky on it's way.

Dave

Hope it clears for you. It will come too late for me, as we're off out. I persuaded the wife to give us as a late start in order to bag the sun this morning. Bad idea to build a life around weather forecasts! Now of course, I'd like to go out early to get back early to catch the afternoon sun, but to change the plans again would be pushing my luck with her... :happy11:

Archived