Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7293 Ha (Helix Nebula) - GRAS

SteveL

The seeing and transparency were fantastic last night.... in Australia <sigh>. I gave in and spent some more money on my GRAS account to use the scopes in Oz to grab some new subs.

NGC7293 is an object that is JUST too low from the UK to be a valid target, but was nearly at the Zenith from Australia.

So, here we go:

OTA: RCOS 10" f/6

Imaging: SBIG ST-10XME, 10 x 600secs, flats and darks applied.

Notes: This is the first image I have processed using the techniques I have learnt over the last few days from Ron Wodawski's Zone System book, which is well worth a read if you can get your hands on it.

(Click on image for larger version)

ngc7293_ha_20080716_gras015_small.jpg

Excellent result Steve. I tried this target on the same scope a couple of weeks ago, but managed to assist Arnie in 'ironing' out a couple of teething problems they were having after the recent autoguider upgrade. Still, got a full refund +a few extra for my trouble.

Steve.

Thats the plan (eventually!). Had to let my subscription lapse this month (cancelled on the old price, havent renewed on the new one yet). Will start again after payday and work on the OIII and SII channels.

Excellent image. These remote Imaging facilities have to be a good thing to those who know what they are doing, and maybe one day I might be able to dabble in it. Besides, the way our skies are behaving, and continuing to behave, these may soon be the only options open to us. Short of moving to where the skies are that is. :shocked:

Ron. :lol:

Archived