NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

August 21st - H Alpha

paulastro

Woke about 6.30 and was surprised to see some blue bits when I looked out of the window.  Rushed downstairs as the forecast, again, was not great.  I had a session from 6.58 am until 7.!5 am when cloud skirting the horizon started to interfere.  There were a few prominences but nothing significant.  Single frames taken with the Lunt 60 DS and Olympus E-M10 on 500 asa.  First frame taken at 7.15 on 1/80, and second on 1/40 at 7.14. 

P8210086b.jpgP8210069a.jpg

I've just had a look through the Lunt 50 and there is a lovely collection of proms on the NE limb, including a huge, faint detached cloud of plasma drifting off into space.

Hopefully someone has clear enough skies to get some good exposures of it :smile:

3 hours ago, DRT said:

I've just had a look through the Lunt 50 and there is a lovely collection of proms on the NE limb, including a huge, faint detached cloud of plasma drifting off into space.

Hopefully someone has clear enough skies to get some good exposures of it :smile:

That sounds great Derek, unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to go  back for a second look since my early morning foray.

51 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Nice pics and report. That small AR in WL is showing quite some plage activity

Thank you Michael.  Thanks also for the tip off re the plage activity, if the weather cooperates I'll take another look later.  :smile:

28 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Nicely done Paul, saw the detached prom on GONG but no chance here.

Dave

Thanks Dave.  I don't like to say never, but it sounds as if I have the same chance of seeing the sun again today as you have!  :smile:

Archived