NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

August 10th - H Alpha - I feel I've been robbed! ** 2nd Pic Added

paulastro

Out before 7 this morning.  I must say I felt a bit robbed when I first looked at the sun.  After yesterday I thought perhaps the filaprom might become more prominent and there would be more prominences - not quite what I hoped for this morning.  The were a few prominences, though nothing to write home about.  Well, after the lord mayor's show and all that.  That'll teach me to think I know what the sun might do, ha.  On the plus side, there was some very good disk detail with the ARs showing up rather nicely - more so than my image would indicate in rather indifferent seeing.  Single frame, Lunt 60 DS, Olympus E-M10, 1/80 sec at 500 asa.  Taken at 7.00 am.

P8100134d.jpg

I've just added the frame below to show the position of the prominences that were present.  Looking at it now, there's more than I recalled earlier!   He he.

Taken at 7.01 am, 1/8 sec at 500 asa.

P8100135a.jpg

37 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

I think the filaprom from yesterday must have lifted off overnight. Nice pics all the same Paul.   :icon_biggrin:

Many thanks Peter.  I assumed it must have lifted off, but how mean was that -  it lifting off when it's night-time over here.   it could have had the decency to wait for this morning! :smile:

9 hours ago, cshahar said:

Very nice full disks. The ARs are a welcome sight Paul! Your images remind me of the NSO.GONG H-Alpha Solar Monitor.

-Charles

Thank you Charles.  Any likeness is entirely coincidental and the images are not based on any living person.......I think I've been in the sun too long :grin:

Archived