NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sailboat Cluster

ollypenrice

Another of Tom's ideas, this was previously unknown to me.  Because of the interesting dark stuff and very faint blue reflection nebulosity we shot plenty of data over the last few nights, once M22 was finished. This had 7.5 hours luminance and 3 hours per colour, so 16.5 hours. TEC140/Avalon Linear/Atik 11000. In this one the processing is mine. The cluster is in Casseopeia and, I have to say, took me a while to pick out. However, I took a spyglass to the area and think I have it! See the crop.  I wonder if Skipper Billy will agree???

Olly and Tom

Sailboat%20Cluster%20Web-X3.jpg

SAILBOAT%20ITSELF%20framed%20Web-X3.jpg

That's lovely Olly & Tom. I looked this up in my DS Browser app which downloads images from the Deep Sky Surveys and I must say your image looks far superior. The clarity of the stars together with the reflection nebula makes the sail boat very obvious, particularly in the crop.

image.png

6 hours ago, jetstream said:

This is a stunning image!!

Wheres the noise Olly?! I don't see any noise! Kudos to Tom and yourself.

16.5 hours of data did their bit to reduce noise... I did apply NR to the darker parst of the colour layer, though. Rather less to the darker parts of the L.

Olly

Archived