NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Textures of the Sun in H-Alpha

cshahar

Hi Everyone:

These images were taken on July 30th, and involve miscellaneous regions around the large filament that was so prominent in the last few days. With the absence of interesting sunspots, we have to look elsewhere for distractions. I was battling clouds the whole time. Some high types of clouds are rather tenuous, but when they shade the sun, aside from causing a small dip in brightness, the contrast in the image is lessened significantly as well. In some cases I only saw their impact when I started doing the post-processing. All in all, very few stacked frames really stood out. Please click on the images for best views.

-Charles

Mosaic2b.jpg

Mosaic3a.jpg

Square1a.jpg

xxSun_113458_g5_ap1232_conv1a.jpg

xxSun_113623_g5_ap1235_conv1a.jpg

xxSun_115021_g5_ap1235_conv1a.jpg

Excellent detail Charles, well worth seeking out the [lesser] areas of interest when the main ARs are weak.  These images show us how much activity there really is, you just need to look carefully.

Robin

Archived