NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

corrector plate cleaning

Hello im new to all this 

I have a celestron nexstar se and i'm very happy with it, but just for the future. Can i use normal water or does it have do be distilled water to wipe off small fingerprints ( or stuff like that, you get the gist ) on the corrector plate?
And what do you guys recommend for cleaning more "stuck" fingerprints - i have heart ethanol but i can't find a clear answer.

(sorry for my english :/ but hope you will help :D )

+1 for the Baader Wonder Cleaning Fluid. Get the micro-fibre cloth too... spray the fluid onto a good quality cotton wool pad/ball... then with light pressure buff/polish with the cloth (this is the way I do mine)... do not apply the fluid directly to the corrector plate... and do not even think about removing the corrector plate to clean the inside or the secondary, (unless you are absolutely certain you know what you are doing)!

BTW - it does come with an instruction leaflet... https://www.firstlightoptics.com/user/opticalWonder-engl.pdf <--- a .PDF copy of it is here.  :evil5:

Archived