Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

July 23rd - AR2565/AR2567 at 8.47 am and 5.26 pm.

paulastro

I couldn't resist grabbing a last frame of these two ARs when the sun partly showed through at 5.26 pm - some 8 hours and 30 mts or so after the one I took this morning.  I've added the first frame after the latest for comparison.

P7231308e.jpgP7231263d.jpg

Thanks Paul. Loving these last views. It's been great fun following these this last week (had a week off on leave as it happens) both on SGL and with my own gear. I'm hooked now and it's you old solar hands I have to thank. It's also you lot I'll blame when I buy more solar kit ?? 

3 hours ago, cshahar said:

I think it is possible for them to come back around the other side. If i am not mistaken, that has happened with other prominent spots. But I will not be holding my breath!

Yes, they do come round again, and for a third pass  sometimes.  I'm pretty sure that one this year came back round for a third trip across the face of the sun, but I'd have to check my records to be sure.

1 hour ago, johnfosteruk said:

Thanks Paul. Loving these last views. It's been great fun following these this last week (had a week off on leave as it happens) both on SGL and with my own gear. I'm hooked now and it's you old solar hands I have to thank. It's also you lot I'll blame when I buy more solar kit ?? 

Very many thanks John.  I like your enthusiasm for following the daily changes on the sun as often as possible.  It can be very absorbing as you've found yourself.  I presume you know that you can also see all the action 'live' (well, nearly) on GONG and from SOHO and other satellites.  There are many opportunities to monitor the sun and keep up to date in all wavelengths even if we didn't have any equipment of our own.  I'd be delighted to think I had any small part what so ever in encouraging your solar activities. 

Archived