Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

July 14th - H Alpha - White Light

paulastro

Had a good session from 6.12 to 7.29 am, lovely cloudless sky.  HA frame with Lunt 60 DS and Olympus E-M10 at 500 asa, 1/80 sec at 7.06 am.  WL with Equinox 80 and Lunt H Wedge.  WL whole disk at 7.16 am, 100 asa, 1/1200 sec.  Close up 7.29 am, 100 asa on 1/400 sec. (with x2 balow)

P7140943c.jpgP7140977a.jpgP7141023a.jpg

2 hours ago, laudropb said:

Very nice Paul. A rare occasion here. Bright sunshine and decent seeing.

Many thanks laudropb, it's nice to know you are having a good day weather-wise for a change after your recent bad run.

14 minutes ago, bunnygod1 said:

It was a stunning start to the day, an excellent set of images Paul. So glad I made the effort as well,  looking at how cloudy it is now.

Many thanks Pete.  It's always nice to get some date early on isn't it.  I know from bitter experience that it's best to take the first opportunity of the day that is offered.  If you leave it until later it's amazing how often the forecast of it being clear all day doesn't come to fruition and the chance may be lost.

1 hour ago, paulastro said:

Many thanks Pete.  It's always nice to get some date early on isn't it.  I know from bitter experience that it's best to take the first opportunity of the day that is offered.  If you leave it until later it's amazing how often the forecast of it being clear all day doesn't come to fruition and the chance may be lost.

Exactly right and it is quite cloudy now so good decision made.

7 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Lovely images Paul, if one more person tells me how nice and clear it was early this morning I'll scream :mad:

Dave

Dave, it was horrible and stormy and windy and snowy and thundery and rainy and downright horrible this morning - honest!   :grin:

Thanks charl.  I'm not at home for most of today and tomorrow so I'll struggle to extend my run.  I did snatch  a few frames in HA before leaving home (Thursday), and will post this evening if I can get anything worthwhile from them.  The weather is very poor and forecast to remain the same so I don't think I'm going to have the chance to take any WL.

Archived