Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

June 30th - H Alpha

paulastro

Took  a few frames this morning, again before the impending downpour which is forecast.  Surface detail still mostly in the E with some fine filaments.    Few prominences, a hedgerow complex in the S and other prominences in the NW and one in the SE.  Single frame, Lunt 60 DS, Olympus E-M10, 1/100 sec at 500 asa, taken at 6.31 am.

P6300629c.jpg

P6300516b.jpg

7 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Up and about early again! Great catch. Raining here all night and all morning so far.

Thanks Michael.  Yes, it does seem to be the case that early in the morning is often clear when the rest of the day has poor weather.  It's been cloudy and dull for over an hour now, and very cold for summer!  :clouds1:

4 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Well done Paul, looking on Sat24 earlier I saw you had a bit of clear sky so was expecting something from you :)

Clouds here

Dave

Thanks Dave.  I'm just amazed the forecast turned out to be correct.  :icon_biggrin:

4 hours ago, Owmuchonomy said:

Good capture. I did 15 minutes of visual before the clouds came in and the filaments look good. Visually they appeared almost parallel.

Thanks Chris.  It's funny you should say that.  Visually I thought it looked like a school of  'eel-like fish' swimming across the disk, from a point beyond the E limb towards the West.  The effect isn't so marked when I look at the image though.

51 minutes ago, bunnygod1 said:

A superb amount of filaments. 

Many thanks Peter.  It is a good amount I must say.  It may be even better as they move westwards toward the CM of the sun, particularly if there are some more following over the E limb - we could have a real treat weather permitting. 

49 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

great shots Paul, no luck here, i think ive hafe a chance here tomorrow.thanks  charl.

Thanks charl, I hope you do have a chance tomorrow.  I've missed your images over the last few days.

Archived