SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

June 9th - H Alpha

paulastro

I had a session this morning from approximately 9.50 - 10.50 am.  Seeing rather poor.  Took single frames with Lunt 60mm DS, Olympus E-M10 at 500 asa.  Both taken at 10.08 am on 1/60 and 1/15 respectively - the latter just to show the position of the prominences. Good prominences on NW and SE limbs.  The proms in the SE were noticeably brighter, so hopefully they will drag some nice activity into view before all the filaments in the W disappear over the limb.

P6090161b.jpgP6090148d.jpg

great shots Paul, the seeing here wasnt too bad when i got a gap in the cloud, the suns shining at moment but it very hazy and theres a layer of that horrid thin cloud for as far as i can see. you have some great detail with poor seeing.well done thanks charl. 

1 hour ago, xtreemchaos said:

great shots Paul, the seeing here wasnt too bad when i got a gap in the cloud, the suns shining at moment but it very hazy and theres a layer of that horrid thin cloud for as far as i can see. you have some great detail with poor seeing.well done thanks charl. 

Thanks charl, the Lunt is good for dragging out detail in adverse conditions.

7 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Yummy!!! I'm getting rather partial to these solar shots :)

Many thanks Sarah.  Your website it great, I love the images.  I'm sure if you ever decided to take some solar pics they will be quite something.

12 minutes ago, sooot said:

Think a Lunt LS230THa would suit you sara

I've just sent off my deposit.  It was the fact that there is free shipping to the UK that was the deal clincher for me!  :grin:

Yeah lol imagine the cost of a 230mm double stack for it. Great idea I got. Sell house, chuck Mrs and kids on street , buy big telescope. Not looked at spec for it but it must weigh a ton

Archived