SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Textures of a Spotless Sun

cshahar

With no sunspots to speak of in the last three days, I looked for interesting chromospheric features that are evident in H-Alpha. Although these are not active regions per se, they still have the quality of abstract art. There were some nice filaments as well. Below is a 4-frame mosaic. These images were taken on Friday morning.

I also made an animation for practice purposes. It is obvious that the area in question is not an active region, because there is little dynamism happening. On the other hand, if you stare at the video long enough, subtle changes are certainly evident! The video represents about 20 minutes in real time.

-Charles

Untitled_Panorama3 Final1c.jpg

Untitled_Panorama2 Color5 Final2.jpg

Sequence2.gif

Lovely images. I'm sitting with my Baader wedge and Quark and I must say there is not much to see. The seeing is so bad here it is like looking at a sunset across a desert heat haze. Wobble, wobble, wobble!

Or it might be the lager :rolleyes2:

Archived