Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Joy of Astra Image Plus and multi-scale contrast

Iainp

Neil recommended Astra Image Plus yesterday, and I bought it this morning. After just a couple of hours of playing around with its multi-scale contrast and other features, it's already taken my image processing to the next level. Here's an animated gif comparing my previous best image (how happy I was with it!) to the new improved one. The difference is remarkable. The original is so flat and lifeless, but with multi-stage contrast and multi-stage sharpening applied, it comes alive and looks 3D, especially in the lower right area. Happy days. Thank you Neil! :icon_salut:

Iain

Sun an4.gif

Ha I think I am overcooking now (see 2 more examples below) but just can't stop. I'm like a kid with a new toy. Heck,  I AM a kid with a new toy! 

1365 final web2.jpg

1365 final close.jpg

Oh I'm very much bluffing Paul. I've just done a 50 iteration  Lucy-Richardson deconvolution using a Sigma of 1.3000 without a clue what any of that actually means :icon_biggrin:

Just now, Iainp said:

Oh I'm very much bluffing Paul. I've just done a 50 iteration  Lucy-Richardson deconvolution using a Sigma of 1.3000 without a clue what any of that actually means :icon_biggrin:

Iain, that sounds very much like me flapping around in the dark with IMPPG :) 

I did try to read up on LR ( is  that one or two people ? ) deconvolution to see what I was trying to do and why but got bogged down, did read a bit on Fast Fourier Transformation that made more sense :)

Dave

Archived