NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New easy light shroud for Skywatcher Heritage 130p

sockgoblin

I have made a light shroud for my 130p out of a sleeping mat.

Very easy , three holes, one for the focuser and one for each strut stud. Then a slot for the dovetaill bar.

I tried self adhesive velcro on the mat and on the body of the scope but it kept peeling off. So I use two bungies , one on top of the front aperture ring and one on the body of the tube. The mat extends beyond the scope tube so hopefully will help against glare and dew.

I will be flocking the inside of the mat and the tube.

Even if it doesnt work its well hippy cool.P1010922.jpgP1010921.jpgP1010920.jpg

now flocked the scope , and tested the adhesion of flocking material to the camping mat ....and it doesnt.

so Ive added an internal light shroud that moves up and down with the struts. I still may have a smaller piece of purple mat at the end of the scope , six inches or so to hopefully stop stray light hitting the secondary mirror

now in its neoprene shroud, compass, caravan levelling spirit level , diy slo mo alt control and complete with setting circles , telrad base and 9 x 50 right angled finder on stepping stone circles...:hippy2:

P1010955.jpg

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 12:42, sockgoblin said:

now flocked the scope , and tested the adhesion of flocking material to the camping mat ....and it doesnt.

so Ive added an internal light shroud that moves up and down with the struts. I still may have a smaller piece of purple mat at the end of the scope , six inches or so to hopefully stop stray light hitting the secondary mirror

I removed the internal light shroud because I wasn't convinced it was allowing full aperture.

20 hours ago, happy-kat said:

What did you do for your pointer? 

havent sorted that yet, I was going to do similar to you and run magnet strip around the base, or steel strip and have a magnet on the pointer..another job to get around to. The real transformation has been the addition of the finderscope and the 30mm Ep , because of light pollution I was getting a bit lost. I could use the telrad on the bright stars but couldnt work out direction of the fainter stars. I still use the telrad to point and then the finder is great to see patterns to guide from.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/05/2016 at 14:31, happy-kat said:

What did you do for your pointer? 

tried the mag tape but decided on a very simple approach. Because I use my little tripod table I can just place pointers on the table top. So I hot glued paper clips to a couple of blocks of perspex I had in my " dont throw anything away " box. There are two because the big one doesnt reach across the arms of the baseboard , I will only use one at a time depending on where the reference target sits.

_DSC1717.JPG_DSC1721.JPG

Archived