Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents.thumb.jpg.587637e0d01baf4b6d21b73610610bbb.jpg

Hey guys! Its me again... I know what you are thinking ūüėõ¬†there is not such thing as a cheap mount for astrophotography...and i agree with you! I just want to know if there are any significantly cheap mounts (under 100 pounds)¬† for my skywatcher heritage 130p that can give me maybe 15-30 sec exposure time max.¬†Thanks

Kronos

A s/h eq3 with ra motor other than that one of the az mounts from skywatcher/celestron  but might push your £100 a bit more.. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By masjstovel
      Hi,

I'm totally New to this hobby and i'm having trouble understanding something in stellarium.
      I have ordered (not recieved) a Sky-Watcher Explorer 150PDS, which has a 25mm eyepiece 50degrees FOV as a default.
      I also have a Nikon D810.

I wanted to get an idea of what my field of view would be with the 25mm eyepiece (30x on 750mm focal length), 
      and also what it would be With my Nikon D810 mounted shooting prime Focus - no eyepieces.

What surprised me was that it wasnt much difference between the frame and size of the object i get with 30x magnification (25mm eyepiece), and what i get with the Nikon D810 mounted. 
      I dont get this. What magnification do i get With my DSLR mounted with no eyepiece?

• By Greg6498
      I am looking at various refractor telescopes (I already have a great Dobsonian!) and was wondering which mount would be best to start with. I'm not interested in computer control but not sure which type mount would be best to consider. 
    • By Kronos831
      Hey guys!i need to make this quick! I want to get a new 6mm eyepiece.I have a 8" f6 dob and i want to get a nice 200 mag and put the telescope to its limits at 400x
      The most i ve seen with is 240x for Jupiter and Saturn .i ve heard they looked stunning at 400x and i am keen on trying it.Ive got my eyes on a 6mm Skywatcher UWA eyepiece.and i have a Bst Starguider 2z Barlow lens.And i seem to be having problems with my 8mm Bst Starguider (300x in total).the bst has a 16mm eye relief and a 21mm lens diameter,but when i barlowed it and look at the moon yesterday,it was hard finding the right spot to look through the eyepiece and when i moved the image disappeared.I dont know if it will have that effect on planets,when I looked at mars it was fine but i definitely want to avoid that from happening again.Will it happen?
      The Skywatcher eyepiece i want to buy has a 16mm eye relief too.I dont want to make the same mistake now , i want a 6mm eyepiece at the price range of 50-70 euro either from flo or amazonuk.If the Skywatcher will have similar results,can you suggest another one?
    • By Mogfor
      The Horsehead Nebula in Orion. This is one of the first deep space objects I saw in a book as a child and it captured my imagination - I’ve been intrigued by this incredible Universe ever since. As a small child, I’d have been blown away to think that 40 years later, I’d capture this image from my own backyard. I've only been astroimaging for less than a year so would appreciate any constructive comments/ criticism.  Higher resolution version at: https://astrob.in/393553/0/
      I tried something different with this image  as I was severely restricted by time and conditions - battling last months full moon and a small cloud free window of about two hours each evening where the Horsehead appeared between some large trees and the edge of our house!
      I took mainly Ha because of the moonlight but then blended in some Lum and Blue data to one master image. This brought out more detail in some of the nebulosity.  The resulting Master was then processed through the red channel only in PixInsight and Photoshop:
      Ha 36 x 240s
      Lum 25 x 60s
      Blue 20 x 60s
      Scope: Altair 130ED Triplet
      Mount: Celestron CGX

• By Stardweller
      Hello,
      I own a Vixen ED-80 refractor which is used with a custom focuser by Telescope Service.
      (pictured below)
      A Celestron f/6 SCT reducer corrector did not provide decent images either because it is not appropriate or because I did not maintain the correct distance. 
      I am thinking of buying the Sky-Watcher .85x Reducer/Flattener instead, as it is made for similar ED80 telescopes. 
      I do not know what is the correct distance of the SkyWatcher reducer for my setup and more important, I do not know if it will focus with the custom TS focuser.
      Do you have any similar setup that you have used successfully?
      Clear Skies!
      Paul

√ó

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.