NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hubble pallet IC1396 First attempt !

Nicho

Here is my first attempt at a hubble pallet of IC1396

One of many renditions , im still trying to bring out more colour but im fairly happy with it .

Taken at the begining of this month where we had 3 clear nights !

The first two nights i was able to wake up every few hours to check everything was ok, but the wether was so good the last night i just got everything working and went to bed and put everything away at 6 in the morning :)

5hrs each of HA, O111,S in 10min shots + flats .Hardly any S in this, but what there is sets it of niceley and am glad i put the time in to capturing it .

Taken with my new moravian g2 -8300 at -20 on my ed80 with reducer at f6.3 and 1.25 filtes all on my HEq5 guided with a finder guider.

I would love critique on how i can improve !

Thanks for looking

Nick

Hubble1working_stars done1.png

2 minutes ago, gnomus said:

Very nice.  I'm thinking about Moravian.  Do you have the version with the 5 position internal wheel, or is it a different wheel you have?

So what happened to the Atik saga Steve, did you really throw it over the fence, wish I lived next door to you :grin:

Dave

2 minutes ago, gnomus said:

Its 'ongoing' - but I may well end up with a 'triple rig' in the not too distant - so more cameras may be required.......

I like the idea of a triple rig, sorely tempted to get another WO Star71 from the FLO refurb' sale but just laying out for 10Micron so need to wait for more pension money to arrive :)

I was thinking three WO Star 71s , HA, 0111, S11, and no filter wheels.

Apologies to Nicho for hijacking his thread.

Dave

Thanks for your comments guys !

Gnomus . Yes its a 5 position internal wheel . Flats seem to sort out any problems in the coeners . Still early days with this camera , not much time taking shots with it ! I will do a write up on the carea soon but would i would say moravian may not look pretty but they are well built . Defo seems a step up from up atik but then again it cost twice the amount !

I'm loving the new FOV its so much fun with HA .  Long turn i would like to look at getting a faster scope .

Whipdry . I completely agree with you the stars are all over the place and the colours are looking Grainy . Nobody told me learing to guide and taking longer shots is the easy bit !  I find the processing a much higher hill to climb .

Thanks

Nick

Excellent for your first attempt - mine was nowhere near as good. There is no fixed formula for generating the Hubble palette (apart from the basic SHO = RGB) which doesn't make it easy to settle on a method that suits your own taste. So you can expect to be playing around with the colours for some time yet ;-)

ChrisH

Archived