Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

(Now) Six days of AR2529

Moonshane

As we say goodbye (almost) to AR2529 for this revolution (will it be back I wonder?), here's my four sketches from the last week when observing has been possible. All using Lunt wedge and either 80mm f6 Meade apo or Skywatcher 120mm ED. Obviously these are extractions of what I can see represented in the eyepiece view and not to scale in the circle. It's been a real treat for lots of us and considering we are in a solar minimum (apparently) the big features continue to appear in both Ha and white light observing.

9/4/16 80mm

DSCF0962

11/4/16 80mm

DSCF1100

16/4/16 120mm

DSCF1066

17/4/16 120mm

DSCF1081

Excellent stuff Shane. You've done really well to keep consistency of scale across the days, not easy. Great to see how it has changed so much, who says white light isn't dynamic?!

Great stuff Shane. I only managed one session on it but would have liked to had some more. your sketches very clearly show how the group changed as it crossed the Sun's disc Nice one.

Archived