Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

April 16th - H Alpha and White Light

paulastro

Coo, another bright early morning, and snow was forecast!  Out by 7.30am but seeing very poor.  Waited as long as I could risk it (pre-cloud arrival) to take some frames.  All the pics were taken between 7.40 and 8.10am.  For HA, Lunt 60mm DS, Olympus E-M5. 500 asa at 1/30.  For WL, Lunt H Wedge, Equinox 80mm, plus a x2 barlow for the close-up of AR2529, 200 asa, 1/1600 and  1/500 second.

There was only minor prominence activity, but some flaring on the W limb, just before the 3 'o' clock position.  Also, on  E limb a small sunspot (pore) and AR coming onto the disk.

P4160795b.jpgP4160637b.jpgP4160592a.jpg

13 minutes ago, sooot said:

nicely done paul. do you use pixinsight to process?

Thanks Craig.  I'm afraid to admit I've never heard of pixinsight - is it a good thing to use?  I use Photoshop Elements 9 - never seen the need to have a newer version. :happy11:

with the good free programs we have at our hands it wouldn't be worth buying put it that way lol. I just noticed the faint ring in the WL full disk which appears in one of pixinsight processes

5 minutes ago, Bizibilder said:

Tricky conditions today - well done to get some fine images.

Many thanks Roger.  In fact the seeing was so poor I took over 800 frames to try and make sure I had something worthwhile.  :wink:  I usually take around about 150 frames on most outings anyway, but I did go a bit over the top this morning!

4 minutes ago, sooot said:

with the good free programs we have at our hands it wouldn't be worth buying put it that way lol. I just noticed the faint ring in the WL full disk which appears in one of pixinsight processes

Er, sorry Craig, I can't see the ring you are talking about!?

Archived