NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Sun 3rd Apr 2016 Ca-K

David Smith

Long session dodging clouds today. White lights still to process.

6 Pane FD @ 1000mm FL.

20160403_CaK_6PaneFD.png

Close-up on the AR @ 2000mm FL. Didn't think this would work as the seeing had fallen off quite badly by the time I shot this vid.

20160403_CaK_AR.png

And the proms including "the wrench" :tongue2:

20160403_CaK_Prom2.png

20160403_CaK_Prom1.png

Cracking images, I captured the larger prom, didn't see the "wrench" :(

i have a question, you have a horizontal line , a boundary between light and dark. I have similar (but much more pronounced), do you know what the cause is?

cheers

Ant

Thanks guys, very lucky to have had a few days this week whilst off work. Back to work tomorrow unfortunately, I could get used to this full-time solar astronomer lark :tongue2:

12 minutes ago, ant said:

i have a question, you have a horizontal line , a boundary between light and dark. I have similar (but much more pronounced), do you know what the cause is?

cheers

Ant

To be honest Ant, I do not know what the cause is. I only see this bright bar when I ramp up the gain & exposure for capturing the faint prominences. I kind of assumed I was reaching the limit of what the camera was capable of. I try to minimize it's effect during processing but it is hard to reduce this without impacting the image itself.

Archived