NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What do you do?

Soupy

54 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Well, things are going strong down at Lat 44 with a decent night last night (SQM 21.5) and the wind abated. Seven hours and twenty seven minutes of astronomical darkness. It really is remarkable how small a distance south you need to go to get dark summer nights.

I kept hovering around Frans' rig watching data come in from the 10 inch we're buying from him. Like standing outside a sweet shop as a penniless kid.

Heheh. Cars, like clothes, stop looking flashy when they have me inside them, Louise! If I walked into a Saville Row tailor (a big 'if...') their faces would fall because they'd know that, whatever they gave me, I'd still look like a clochard when I left. My wife usually tells me to change my jumper before I go out but I ask why, since my jumpers always look as if they have scrambled egg running down the front even when they don't.

Olly

He he - as an obligate scruff myself I can empathize! I guess we're both old enough to be allowed to be 'eccentric', if not quirky. Besides, nothing matters more than clear, dark skies on a moonless night and the pursuit of happiness :) 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Thalestris24 said:

Back in the day I used to have an Austin Healey Sprite (BRG) with wire wheels and, later, a yellow Mk III Midget - loved driving them, especially in the summer with the tops down :icon_biggrin:

Louise

I also used to have a Midget Rubber bumper in BRG, reimported from California so body work was great. Good fun but had to sell to fund wedding 16 years ago ?

40 minutes ago, Peco4321 said:

I also used to have a Midget Rubber bumper in BRG, reimported from California so body work was great. Good fun but had to sell to fund wedding 16 years ago ?

Why didn't you marry the Midget instead?*

:evil4:lly

*Nothing wrong with doing that. My wife married a midget after all. :icon_biggrin:

4 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Why didn't you marry the Midget instead?*

:evil4:lly

*Nothing wrong with doing that. My wife married a midget after all. :icon_biggrin:

'A Californian midget with a great body' in the wrong search engine could produce all sorts of results???

On 30 March 2016 at 11:32, bish said:

Although it doesn't get properly dark here we have bad light pollution anyway, so it just means stopping up later. 

Nice to observe in t-shirt and shorts.

9 hours ago, Soupy said:

You lot and your little fast cars :p I'm sticking to my summer run around...

2015-04-08 13.33.47.jpg

Might not run around much but it sure carries a lot of astro kit! ;)

If you start uloading large tubes from the back of that thing you'll find yourself being targeted by a drone...

Great for getting to dark sites, though.

Olly

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

If you start uloading large tubes from the back of that thing you'll find yourself being targeted by a drone...

Great for getting to dark sites, though.

Olly

They'd target me even more once they heard my Irish accent Olly! ;)

Archived