NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hyperstar for VA/EAA

Spacedout

Hello All, 

I am currently looking at buying either a Hyperstar or 0.7 reducer for my Edge C11.  I have been advised and I've read that the Hyperstar is not easy to work with and that it takes quite an effort to use.  The main difficulties being, chip distance, collimation, focus etc.   So I thought I'd take a look with a FOV calculator to see how the .7 would stack up using the Atik Infinity but there were very few targets that actually fit in!  So my questions are, how tough is it with the Hyperstar and or could I use a better reducer not specifically made for the edge?  

Regards

Karl

Karl,

Hyperstar is an EAA dream.  Very easy to use and will give a great corrected field views for your C11.  I wouldn't waste my money on focal reducers.  I have access to a C14 with HS and own a C6 HS.  Best views I have ever had.  Collimation and focus have never been a problem.  The only problem is cost, but it is well worth the money.  And, at F2, it is really fast.

Don

Thanks Don,

Going by your gallery it does seem a no brainer but I heard it was a tricky to get it performing as it should.  Truth is however I'm not sure I have any choice if I want to use the Infinity on my scope.  So I'll probably make some calls tomorrow to see has it in stock, watch this space...

Thanks again

Karl

Archived