SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Best sub-1k camera to pair with 8” EdgeHD and Hyperstar

Guys, I have an order in for a Starizona Hyperstar for my 8” EdgeHD.  What sub-1k camera would you pair with this kit?  Also what is the learning curve involved, bear in mind I have no imaging experience?  I have been looking at the Altair Astro Hypercam Pro TEC  183c, which seems to be getting some favourable comments.  My intention is to use an INDI based platform, probably a StellarMate for image and focuser control.

Paul.

Had notification from Nick at Altair Astro, that Ikarus Technologies have recently made the drivers for the Altair Astro range of cameras available for download with their StellarMate plarform.  I would imagine at this stage they are probably still in Beta status.  I’m favouring the INDI approach due to the lightweight small footprint of the required hardware and more importantly that the platform is intended for remote operation over iOS.

Archived