The ZWO ADC has landed

4 hours ago, Knighty2112 said:

So does this enable you to look through the telescope too, and when ready use the flip mirror part to image with? 

Yes, the flip mirror is essential for imaging on small chips, whilst ensuring your blood pressure stays at acceptable levels ;). With the mirror down you can find and centre the object, and raise the mirror to image. Usually refocusing is needed, but I hope to put a helical focuser on one of the ports to ensure parfocality.

17 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Yes, the flip mirror is essential for imaging on small chips, whilst ensuring your blood pressure stays at acceptable levels ;). With the mirror down you can find and centre the object, and raise the mirror to image. Usually refocusing is needed, but I hope to put a helical focuser on one of the ports to ensure parfocality.

Thanks for the explanation. Cheers! :) Hope it performs well for you. 

I tried a Vixen flip mirror but I skipped it in the end to make the imaging chain shorter - I frame the planet with an eyepiece first, then I set the ADC with the eyepiece and an eye and after that I put the camera instead of the eyepiece.

18 hours ago, John said:

Looks great Michael :icon_biggrin:

It's not often that I see a box of astro kit where I've no idea what the items are for !

Imaging I guess ?

2 hours ago, alan potts said:

Looks like my collection of hole saws.

It's very simple. The left column contains my USB cables plus the Tele-Vue TRF-2008 0.8x focal reducer, the next only has my Lunt B1800s Ca-K module. The next row contains the ASI120MC (now sold), Meade S5K 2x TeleXtender, Tele-Vue 2.5x PowerMate, and Meade S5K 3x TeleXtender for different image scales, the following column has the ASI174MM and the flip-mirror with ADC attached. The final column has a Tele-Vue 25mm Plossl, T2-1.25" adapter (plus silica-gel sachet in a place that used to hold a filter) and my Brightstar 5-position filter wheel.

The TeleXtenders, PowerMate and Plossl should have been recognizable ate least

Archived