SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

jupiter

hi everyone, 

this one is my first stack of jupiter using the asi120mc. i don't remember how many frames were stacked,  i guess it was about 2000 frames. 

camera: asi120mc and barlow 2x

please tell what you think and give advice to improve it. 

thanks 

jupiter2.png.156e4aaaebe1fbc3b267ab30e1f

13 minutes ago, Thalestris24 said:

Hi Frank

It looks pretty good to me! I've never done any planetary but my attempts at white light solar and lunar haven't turned out so good... I'm sure others on here can give you their expert advice :)

Louise

thanks,  Louise. 

did you post any images of your attempts?  I'd like to see it. 

2 hours ago, Thalestris24 said:

Nothing I'd publish! Sticking to dso's! Maybe you could post your Jupiter in the Imaging - Planetary section :)

:) I'll make a post in there later. 

don't be embarrassed to post your tries,  i like to look back my first attempts  to see how much I progressed. like when i first began shots were out of focus,  etc :) 

1 hour ago, MarsG76 said:

Looks good to me... well done.

thanks,  MarsG76. 

That's a very nice shot! The thing is with Jupiter is it rotates fast, so I only do a maximum of 3000 frames (at about 30fps) - about 1 1/2 mins. I tried 5000 fames but the image quality was worse, I suppose because of blurring due to the rotation. But could have been seeing. I'm sre someone will come on here saying the max time a capture should be.

What did you use to process the image? I use Autostakkert!2 as it gives the best results and then into Registax to use the Wavelets, which are brilliant, as long as not overdone!

Alex

7 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

A very nice image! For a first-time - you're a natural. Please do continue!

Clear skies -

Dave

thanks,  i had a shot previously with my dslr,  but it was much smaller. 

1 hour ago, Astrosurf said:

That's a very nice shot! The thing is with Jupiter is it rotates fast, so I only do a maximum of 3000 frames (at about 30fps) - about 1 1/2 mins. I tried 5000 fames but the image quality was worse, I suppose because of blurring due to the rotation. But could have been seeing. I'm sre someone will come on here saying the max time a capture should be.

What did you use to process the image? I use Autostakkert!2 as it gives the best results and then into Registax to use the Wavelets, which are brilliant, as long as not overdone!

Alex

Alex,  i used autostakkert2 for the stack and registax6 for wavelets.  autostakkert2  is much faster than registax for stacking.  

thanks. 

1 hour ago, Owmuchonomy said:

Not much wrong with that for an OSC.  Did you use your 130P? If so that's very impressive at that FL. Great stuff.

thanks,  

yes i used the 130pds with a barlow 2x.

i need to get a better barlow,  my next target will be Mars and Saturn. 

Just now, Atreta said:

thanks,  

yes i used the 130pds with a barlow 2x.

i need to get a better barlow,  my next target will be Mars and Saturn. 

Yes. I am saving up for a TV Powermate 2x for my SCT.

Archived