Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2 inch filter query

Stupid question time! ;) 

My 2" Altair dielectric diagonal has a thread on the tube end that inserts into my Skywatcher ST120 telescope, so if I buy a new 2" filter to use I assume that I can screw the 2" inch filter in here OK so I can then use either my 2" EP I have, or with my 1.25" adapter inserted into the diagonal also with all my 1.25" EPs to right? None my other 1.25" diagonals has a thread at that end of it, so can't test any of my 1.25" filters like this with any of my current equipment line-up,

9 minutes ago, SkyGibbon said:

Yes, I have some diagonals that have a permanent filter where you are describing. That is strange your 1.25"s aren't threaded. The only ones I have seen like that are solar Ha diagonals.

Thanks. I thought as much. The 1.25" diagonals are just stock ones, so no real suprise that they don't have this thread too.

Now, I just need to save up and get a good 2" filter. Cheers! :) 

Archived