SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Finally got to take some pictures from the Obs!

Helen

This is a first light really from the Obs :) and the wedge. Polar alignmnet needs more work, but I was so desperate to take some pictures that I decided not to take the time out to fine tune the alignment :D So not very long subs were possible, and I did want to try a few different objects, so not very many subs of each.

Here's the best result I got - M102, the Spindle Galaxy

Nexstar 8GPS on a wedge :D . ATik 16ic mono, 0.5FR, IR blocker. 31 subs of 30s. Stacked in AstroArt and processed in Elements.

6481_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Oh for some more nights to play with RGB....

Helen

Excellent start there Helen, can't wait for you to get settled in and get 'fine tuned', and with a bit of help from the sky gods and darker nights, you should be cracking some excellent images out soon (this image is a cracker for 30 sec subs). :D

Steve..

You ought to be very pleased with what you've done here Helen. For not much data, it's a very nice outcome. The colour will be something to think about later, I would use some of the time to nail down your alignment, then it's one major requirement out of the way.

You are making great strides now though.

There was a mix up between 101 and 102, but they are so different, it difficult to understand why.

Well done.

Ron. :D

Thanks for the encouragement everyone :D

We've spent the day putting new rails on the roof as the originals had warped a bit - imagine jacks, and saws and things scattered all over our garden :D .

Its been a bit clear here tonight, so I did a bit more drift aligning earlier and at the moment the scope is running on the owl nebula. I'll let you know tomorrow how I get on!

So back to the Obs now, with a hope that the roof will roll smoothly and quietly back into place 8)

Helen

Archived