SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL XI Narrowband Processing workshops

Uranium235

For SGL XI I will be running a repeat of the SGL X narrowband image processing workshop. It will run along the same lines as last years (except with some refinements), with two sessions of 5 or 6 attendees each.

Fine details are yet to be arranged, but I will probably cover some (or all) of the following:

Basic Curves/Levels

Selective Sharpening

Contrast Enhancement

Star Control

Cannistra Bicolour processing (modified for that nice red/blue effect)

Layer Masks

Star removal (new!)

Using dust & scratches filter for noiseless colour layers (new!)

Prerequisite software for attendance will be Photoshop and Noels Actions, and perhaps some third party noise reduction plugin (but not essential). Image data will be provided. The (free) star removal action will also be provided (if you dont have it already). Also, attendees must bring their own chairs.... or you get to sit on "the chair of shame" :D

Where: The location for the workshops will be the porch area in Auspom's trailer tent, so there will be a bit more room than last year.

When: Both sessions on Saturday afternoon 1pm and 3pm.

Please use this thread to sign up, and be quick about it - places usually go quickly! See you there!

PS: Please let me know which session you are going to attend.

Current Status:

1PM: Daniel, Ibbo, Tich, AlistairW (spectator), Lennylovit

3PM: Reddoss, CJdawson, Davey-T, AndyUK, Carastro (provisional)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

Okey doke! Youre in at 3pm.

That's in my diary, so I don't forget.  Next step is to get Noels actions.

Just to confirm, Noels actions is this link?

http://www.prodigitalsoftware.com/Astronomy_Tools_For_Full_Version.html
If so, I'll be getting that sorted, tonight.   If not, can you post the correct link please?

1 hour ago, cjdawson said:

That's in my diary, so I don't forget.  Next step is to get Noels actions.

Just to confirm, Noels actions is this link?

http://www.prodigitalsoftware.com/Astronomy_Tools_For_Full_Version.html
If so, I'll be getting that sorted, tonight.   If not, can you post the correct link please?

Yep, thats the one!

Worth every penny too.

That would probably have to be separate from the workshop, but it would only take about 10-15min becuase its fairly plug & play stuff - depending on what CCD you have. If its an Atik, then it should be quick - as its just a case of firing up Artemis, cooling the camera and focusing your telescope.

Hello,

I am fairly new to all this but very interested in attending. Problem is all my installations are on my desktop, which I have spent a small fortune on, so I don't have a laptop that would be up to spec. Is there any point me asking to attend simply to watch what you do ?

Thanks

Alistair

22 hours ago, Daniel-K said:

Just bought a new laptop just for special occasion ? needed one any way hopefully if I have all my gear together.....err.....maybe you could give me a tutorial on ccd imaging start up  ☺

we'll sort it out Danny, in the meantime look at http://www.atik-cameras.com/tutorials/ and http://www.atik-cameras.com/downloads/

37 minutes ago, AlistairW said:

Hello,

I am fairly new to all this but very interested in attending. Problem is all my installations are on my desktop, which I have spent a small fortune on, so I don't have a laptop that would be up to spec. Is there any point me asking to attend simply to watch what you do ?

Thanks

Alistair

If there is room, I dont see why not. For those who attend, handouts will be given (as before) which detail the entire process.

Great, put me down for 1pm (if there is space, - if not then 3pm) - I will bring my chair and attentive brain. Looking forward to it and making some new friends. Happy to stand at the back too to make room for those who want need the space for their laptops :-)

Alistair.

Archived