Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL XI Narrowband Processing workshops

Uranium235

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Hi Rob, can you fit me in, any time, do I need to bring a laptop ? only usually bring my little imaging laptop to SGL and process when I get home.

Dave

From the opening post :)

Prerequisite software for attendance will be Photoshop and Noels Actions, and perhaps some third party noise reduction plugin (but not essential). Image data will be provided. The (free) star removal action will also be provided (if you dont have it already). Also, attendees must bring their own chairs.... or you get to sit on "the chair of shame" :D

Hi Rob - If there's room for another on-looker at either session, even if standing, I'd love to come along again.  Although I've not done any imaging since last year, I've made my mind up that things WILL be different this year...

28 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

Hi Rob - If there's room for another on-looker at either session, even if standing, I'd love to come along again.  Although I've not done any imaging since last year, I've made my mind up that things WILL be different this year...

3PM Andy :) (that will balance out the sessions) if thats ok with you

I'd like to do this, don't mind which session, but as I already do Narrowband imaging, I don't want to stand in the way of any-one wanting to learn, basically just hoping to see if there are any tips and things I don't already do.  

So if you have space please put me in, but if you run out of space take me out and let some-one else do it.  Please let me know though.

Thanks

Carole 

• 4 weeks later...

It might be long in the tooth, but there is no reason to replace it. There are a few you can use, Topaz DeNoise is one of them - but as with NN, its only a light touch youre looking for so its applied at quite a low level (or selectively).

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all who attended the processing workshops, I will be more than likely running the same next year but perhaps on separate days as 4 1/2 hours of non-stop talking kinda ruined my voice a bit...lol! :D  It would also be better in case the sessions run into overtime - which they both did. It was quite a lot to squeeze into just two hours.

Thanks to Scott for helping out as well, especially when it came to sorting the files out and providing some pointers to those who were on different versions of Ps.

The star pupil was CJdawson - who managed to pull off a pretty good Cannistra bicolour image! Not bad for a first go!

Thanks for all your efforts Rob and your patience, really enjoyed it, must be really frustrating when people can't grasp what seems obvious to you :) 

Am now practice-ing hard but will probably attend again next year.

Dave

I sympathise

I have 8 lessons tomorrow and 3 on friday though not 21/2 hours long each

and a stop over so will be taking the images and paperwork with me

and a mouse

Thanks for your hardwork Rob

15 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Thanks for all your efforts Rob and your patience, really enjoyed it, must be really frustrating when people can't grasp what seems obvious to you :) 

Am now practice-ing hard but will probably attend again next year.

Dave

Wasnt all that bad mate :)  Could have done with a larger screen so people can see what Im doing a bit more clearly.

I think next year there is talk of getting the beach hut set up with a large screen, and its a place we can darken a little more so you can see your screens a bit better. But for now, keep practicing and you will eventually be doing it in minutes rather than hours :)

Thanks again for the workshop.  Learned alot from following through the steps.  Am already looking to break down the processing steps understand them and how to apply the various techniques to other photos.

Archived