Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HEQ5 PolarScope Reticule - Alternative to standard

BargeGazer

The standard Polarscope Reticle with the HEQ5, at least the one in mine, is a simple circle so using "Polarfinder" pictures is a matter of guessing its position.  Other types of reticle seem to exist in which there are 12 or 24 graduations around the circle.

Does anyone know of a source of such reticles for the standard Polarscope or a replacement Polarscope assembly with such a reticle?

David

Hi i have been asking a few UK retailers about this, but no joy. teleskop-express has them for EQ5/EQ6. I don't think this will fit a HEQ5 as i think its a different size, best to email them and ask.

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p390_Skywatcher-HM6-Polsucher-fuer-EQ5-Celestron-CGEM-CAM-uvm-.html

I am looking to get one as i assume it would make polar alignment more accurate?? especially when using polar finder.

regards

Jason

Archived