Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is this normal SW polarsscope dots

Evening all,  wondering if the black dots in my polarscope are normal? I've googled dirty reticle safely and didn't find any comparisons 😬

Just wondering if this is etched on the glass and if not should I request a new one or clean it somehow... what's your thoughts? They don't rotate as you focus the reticle

brand new S-W eqm-35 pro setup yesterday 🤔20230106_170818.thumb.jpg.5ad9871356a64c0ce8ea290a180efdad.jpg20230106_170809.thumb.jpg.eeb1115ad2b59981c31c94c93c7d2fd3.jpg

Get an air duster or hairdryer on it and see if it blows off. Certainly not normal from new. If it does blow off to a satisfactory degree then all good and well. If not I would request a new mount, not just the polarscope.

Edited by Knighty2112

Thanks for the replies. The thought of boxing it all up and sending it back disheartened me a bit... what if it becomes clear 🌙 

Where's my hex keys and glasses 🤣

It was indeed dust. Carefully cleaned with a drop of sensor cleaning fluid and a micro fibre cloth. Bit fiddly to get out and carefull not to get grease on it. Will need to calibrate reticle next to make sure it rotates in a circle. Now to iron out these other niggles 🤞

Thanks... flip

20230106_235805.jpg

20230106_213635.jpg

• Like 1

I had something similar with my new SW mount. My reticle was loose inside and had to be repositioned. It’s a pain to get it perfectly centered so that you can rotate your RA through its full motion and the polar scope centre doesn’t move. Took me about an hour.