Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M45

gnomus

Thanks Barry - there are some things I like about it - unlike my usual efforts, I do seem to have been able to keep some colour in the stars this time.  There are other things that I think I could have done better - some folks seem to be able to pull out the faint peripheral nebulosity more than I have done.  I did try to do this but it very quickly turned into a dog's breakfast.  

Incidentally, I found your workflow example very helpful as I worked on this: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/254991-ngc1333-amidst-a-sea-of-dust/page-2#entry2782679

I think that's tremendous with a slight preference, maybe, for the first. The issue discussed on the flats thread is beginning to appear in version two, no?

Your capture of the faint reds is one of the the things that sets this apart. (I remember having to fight my corner on their veracity a few years ago but exist they do.) The strong red stars make all the diffrence to the overall look as well.

The streamers need an enormous amount of data to pull out satisfactorily. I think this is remarkably deep as it is.

Olly

I think that's tremendous with a slight preference, maybe, for the first. The issue discussed on the flats thread is beginning to appear in version two, no?

Your capture of the faint reds is one of the the things that sets this apart. (I remember having to fight my corner on their veracity a few years ago but exist they do.) The strong red stars make all the diffrence to the overall look as well.

The streamers need an enormous amount of data to pull out satisfactorily. I think this is remarkably deep as it is.

Olly

Thanks Olly.  You are good noticing the 'issue' - I'd worked hard with the saturation tool and selective colour tool in PS to try to disguise it.  It seems only to affect the blue filter (in the LRGB set), but the blue flats are fine.  I have had a response from Baader which I will post on the thread you mention presently. 

Thanks also for the reassurance regarding the reds.  I thought it was an artefact!

On 20/01/2016 at 13:55, Tom OD said:

I see the Reds too so that's a good capture.
Tom.

In fact I should come clean.  I was so certain that my 'reds' were an artefact that I 'lassoed' them in PS and reduced the red saturation.  This is what my reds looked like initially - (Incidentally, I've dragged a bit more detail out of the faint stuff.  But this is at the expense of the background which has gone a little 'lumpier' than I would like - so I am not entirely sure which I prefer) - is this too red?

06_FinalPSWorkx1800.png

Archived