SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bored of clouds - So I'll remove a few stars!

Uranium235

Seriously.... Im bored to death of this bad run of cloud so I thought I would have a go at removing the stars from my Pelican project.

Easier said than done since nearly all of the stars are embedded within the nebula, and it had to be done three times over - once each for Ha Lum, Ha red and OIII green/blue. Not entirely possible to remove them completely, but the dark stuff really stands out now. Still, it's kept me sane for another night!

Hopefully I'll get out sometime this week - but im not holding my breath! :)   Better put your sunglasses on for this!

24008597846_7680e27e25_h.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/CzykGb

Hard to believe this came from a 130pds!

That's a really fascinating image you've created. Nice one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Sam :)  It certainly is a busy one, but a little tedious trying to remove the star remnants as the Ps action always leaves something behind. Good thing I've got loads of spare time on my hands at the moment!

What power we have.... To remove thousands of suns, planets and who knows how many civilizations at a few strokes on a keyboard  :grin: .

Dont worry, they're safe... I merely moved them to another dimension ;)

Monty Burns once said man has always yearned to destroy the sun. The next best thing is to block them out! Old reference but your post reminded me of that! If I had more images to play with I'd try something similar myself during these El Niño cloudy days...

Thanks guys :)

lol... it took less than a minute for this image to get an invite into a Flickr group... thats a first! I'd try star removal more often, but it takes soooo long to do!  Might be worth trying on the flame to sword mosaic - when ive got enough data (hah!!... no chance with this cloud).

very nice image nice Rob i bet you had lots of fun with that 

Cheers Chris :)  Yep, its been very nice data to work with. I'm just wondering where to take it next year - perhaps add an SII channel with the Star71. It should give me a similar FOV, except in one pane (rather than 4!).

Archived