Narrowband

Large prom 28.11.2015

Pete Presland

Not much of a window of opportunity to catch this huge prom on Saturday, so as soon as the Sun cleared the roofs and lit up the fence I was ready and waiting for it :grin: Only managed around 30minutes before the cloud rolled in and ended proceedings. Still trying to get used to the new version of Firecapture.

The usual set up Lunt50mm/DMK21au618 4,000 frames stacked in A/S.

I guess this will be the only chance for another week, but you never know!

post-5271-0-80172900-1448822143.png

Very nice shot, Pete, well done landing the big one! I was tempted to image it Saturday morning (it's meant to be my visual season, but the imaging itch is hard to shake off) but the clouds were racing in so I stuck to visual and was delighted to catch it before being clouded out.

Nice one, lot's of detail.  Seeing pics like this makes me think I ought to perhaps work out how to use one of these type of video cameras during the dark and mostly sunless winter months instead of persisting  taking my single frame  snaps with a still camera - mmm :grin:

Archived