NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

cloudy, so past data

Stardust

Being cloudy/raining has given me time to sort through files a have a play with processing. This was from June taken with my SM60DS. I was thinking of selling the scope but not so sure now. It gives a full disc in one frame and is quick to set up. If only I had some sun to test things out. 

post-195-0-31291700-1448012565_thumb.jpg

Being cloudy/raining has given me time to sort through files a have a play with processing. This was from June taken with my SM60DS. I was thinking of selling the scope but not so sure now. It gives a full disc in one frame and is quick to set up. If only I had some sun to test things out. 

ok will do, I've not been able to get as nice a full disc from my quark and zs66 yet, but then again that is not it's forte where as the SM is perfect for the shot

thanks guys, bit of experimenting. By way of comparison to the sm60 this is a similar processing of the quark in a ZS66 scope. Different day so conditions wouldn't have been the same. For this one I was playing around with a 0.5x reducer and adjusting it's distance. 

post-195-0-31835300-1448023969_thumb.jpg

Nice shots, ah, summer, the best season by far for me :laugh:  Can't wait to see the Orion nebula again though!

I sold my SM60 and am Quark only but I do have a backup Quark. I like the idea of a backup in case my Quark needs to go to Quark hospital. In fact my Quark was proper poorly today and I used the backup, hope it's the cable or battery!

Before going all Quark I was tempted to trade the SM60 and go Lunt 50 as that looks big enough for full disc for my needs given I can do larger aperture with the Quark but these things are all down to personal circumstances/preferences!

Archived