Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The moon with Canon bridge camera 19/11/15

Knighty2112

Thanks all. I think I've fallen in love with the moon again! Hehe! Really need to brush up on all the main names of its features again. Saw a great feature in a crater; a rile or wall in one of them near the terminator. Also, got a great view of M27 too.

Warming back up inside with a nice cup of tea at the moment. If clear still later on I'll do another hour later on. :)

Hi, you mention getting more familiar with the moon, I use Virtual Moon Atlas and find it excellent:- http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualmoon/

HTH.

Thanks. I'll check it out. Have guite a few books already with some moon maps in, some quite basic, others a little more in-depth. I've just found a great app called 'Moon Atlas' (obvious choice of name I guess) which allows me to view all the moon (dark side too), and zoom in on each feature. The more you zoom in the more detailed the names of all the features come up. Quite a few other features too, so can use that whilst at the scope too on my IPad or IPhone 6+ as you can set it for dark mode which puts the moon image up in red. Should make life much easier hopefully! :)

Archived