NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

November 18, 2015: Lovely line-up of planets

Spectacular here too - first clear weather for a long time. Odd seeing though (60 mph winds perhaps?). I tried a quick look at Mars and Jupe and it was as though all detail was washed out, and nearby stars expanded to small circles with no diffraction rings. Bit like looking through a newtonian with poor optics.......

Chris

The Planetary line up is pretty spectacular at the moment,and there's still some highly photogenic possibilities ,including the crescent Moon in conjunction with the Planets, to come.

Had a quick flick though  the December ed. of 'AN',that arrived yesterday.

There's the usual gallery of reader's images,and whilst I greatly admire the skills of the contributors with their incredible views of DSO's,as I usually find,it's the widefield shots that I particularly enjoy.

Sometimes it's nice to ditch all of the optical technology at our disposal these days,and just enjoy the bigger picture!

Archived