Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Venus at Sunrise

Tim99

( 5:30 AM) - I woke up early as usual and looked out the stair landing window at a beautiful clear sky.  I million stars were calling me!  I grabbed a quick cup of coffee, my DSLR and tripod and jumped in the car.  Arrived at my new dark spot on the edge of a farmer's field- about 1/2 mile drive.  [ I stopped the other day and asked the farmer if I could bring my telescope to the spot and he said, (with a grin), "whatever makes you happy."  haha. ] 

Oh!  What a beautiful morning!

I captured Venus - shining like a jewel in the eastern sky with Mars and Jupiter following along.

Panasonic GH2 DSLR:  ISO1600,  14mm,  f4,  8 sec.  6:22 AM

post-45511-0-41138900-1444695680_thumb.j

Nice photo.

We are currently blessed with a real beauty in our dawn sky.

I've caught colleagues watching it as I arrive at work to relieve them from their night shift. They looked in disbelief when pointed out 3 planets.

You know it's special when non astronomers are stopping to look.

Well worth getting up and taking the drive for. The trinity of Venus, Jupiter and Mars draws the attention and I also would have missed Mercury if grchif had not pointed it out. Beautiful location and widefield setting for the quads :-)

Archived