Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC104 - 47 Tuc

hjw

The last three month have been very disappointing in Melbourne. We had more overcast days this year than I thought possible in Australia. In my limited field of view, Sagittarius came and went and I have almost nothing to show for it. Today was a clear night and the Small Magellanic Cloud is rising at a reasonable time. Right next to it are a number of globular clusters, with 47 Tuc being by far the most impressive.

I hope you enjoy and I am just happy that I had an opportunity to get out again.

17 light frames at ISO 800 and 4 minute exposures.

Clear skies!

HJ

post-39098-0-33250600-1442153590_thumb.j

I thank you all for your kind comments. It was just good to get out again. Today was the warmest day for the season but hazy. For the rest of the forecast period: rain and cold...

When I get a chance I would like to get a mosaic of the Small Magellanic Cloud and surroundings. This would require several nights of clear sky. There is always hope :smiley: !

Thanks again

HJ

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice image Hans - all your photos on Astrobin are great. If the Sydney skies clear this weekend I might try for this one.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks for your kind words. I am sure there is a lot of space for improvement in my imaging. It seems we have a clear night tonight and I just put the scope out. I'll see what I can get...

Cheers

HJ

Archived